1. a section or expanse of protected wild waterway or ocean, usually vast and extensive, that can be described from a single viewpoint, vantage or map.
2. a picture representing natural inland or coastal water related scenery.
3. Fine Arts. the category of aesthetic subject matter in which natural scenery with an emphasis on water is represented.
4. Obsolete. a panoramic view of water scenery; vista.
verb (used with forms of water), bluescaped, bluescaping.
5. to improve the appearance of (an area of waterway, ocean, wetland, etc.), as by restoring biodiversity, removing trash, removing barriers and structures such as dams, walls, getties, and limiting activities such as mining, drilling or destructive fishing gear.
6. to improve the bluescape of.
7. to do bluescape restoration as a profession.
8. to visit a bluescape area.
Origin of bluescape: 2016
1. marine protected area, marine park, hope spot, waterscape, blue space